BLASER AG Malters is the specialist for surface treatments.
We have a broad range of technical hard chrome platings and can, therefore, offer you the best wear protection.
One speciality of our company is the DURAFLON®-process that combines wear resistance with non-stick properties.
In addition, we can also offer you the right chemicals for your baths and provide you with competent treatment advice.
TECHN. HARD CHROME PLATING
- low frictional coefficient
- high load capacity
- very good gliding properties
- outstanding resistance to wear and tear
- excellent hardness 68-70 HRC 900-1100 (HV100)
- optimum adhesion directly onto the base material
- very good corrosion properties as of approx. 40 ìm, can be increased further by means of multi-layer process
FIELD OF APPLICATION
Processing of plastics, textiles and paper:
no static charge, low frictional coefficient and high wear resistance.
stirring devices, dough nozzles, baking pans, dosing units. Prevents erosion of rotary discs and dosing devices. Its very good non-stick properties prevents dough and bakery products etc. from sticking. The coating is safe for food use.
heat sealing instruments, sealing jaws, sonotrodes. Greater durability, easier to clean when fouled and excellent thermal conductivity compared to Teflon-coated surfaces.
filling, sorting and transporting devices or tools. Great wear resistance with anti-adhesive properties.
drawing tools, cutting punches, etc. With difficult drawing processes, longer lifetimes can be achieved. Overlays on the tool are thus prevented, as is the resulting wear of the product.
The field of application of DURAFLON® is virtually limitless. Tell us about your specific requirements. We are always happy to check the possible applications for your sector or to make recommendations.
Coatings manufactured with the use of nanotechnology have excellent non-stick properties, depending on the structure. They do, however, lack wear resistance. This is when DURAFLON® comes into play because:
DURAFLON®-surfaces are wear-resistant coatings that contain materials with a very low frictional coefficient that reduce abrasion with parts that glide and rub on top of one other. They thus ensure an increase in the life-cycle of machine parts and tools.
DURAFLON®-surfaces are characterised by the following:
-high non-stick properties
-low frictional coefficients, comparable to Teflon
-high degree of resilience, comparable to hard chrome
-outstanding thermal conductivity of 99.8 % thanks to PTFE inclusions
-excellent hardness of 500 to 1100 (HV100)
-a working temperature range from -240 °C to + 250 °C, with inclusion of boron nitride even up to 900 °C
-a surface that cannot be electrostatically charged
- Hard plating onto prescribed finished dimensions
- Benefit: components are ready for use without reworking
- The layer thicknesses are determined by the area of use as well as geometry and size of the tolerance fields
- Tolerance fields of the 6th quality according to ISO (and higher) are feasible
- Field of application: piston rods, shaft seats, spindles, machine parts etc.
- Matting by sand, shot or steel ball blasting
- Subsequent hard chrome plating, layer thickness as a rule 1015 ìm
- Benefits to you: achievement of defined degrees of roughness, non-dazzle surface, corrosion protection
- Applications: micrometer parts, measuring rods, scale parts, adjustment buttons, hand-wheels etc.a
- Aluminium alloys as well as zinc injection moulding and zinc pressure casting are hard chrome plated directly onto the base material by means of a specific pre-treatment
- Layer thicknesses up to about 0.06 mm as a rule
- Multiple benefits: wear protection for light components, abrasion-resistance, marked saving of weight, reduced manufacturing and processing costs
- Applications: used in practically all sectors (e.g. measuring technology, textile and film and foil industry)
-The processes supplement one another in components with high wear; instead of time-consuming hardening processes, precise components can be protected against wear by a layer of hard plating (as a rule 0.10.5 mm) without distortion and with very high hardness
-Benefit: enormous savings potential by rescuing parts which would otherwise be scrapped